Time and again it is forgotten why Internet was started? It was mainly invented for academicians and researchers to exchange and share their knowledge base and data.
The demand for online learning and educating is growing at a brisk rate in schools, schools, colleges and universities. Geographically dispersed Students, Colleges and Universities are taking advantage of modern technology in learning and providing necessary learning material distribution. Higher education and schools are making more and more use of online education and modern information technology.
There is plethora of resources available around the globe to facilitate educating and learning in today’s world. Below are some useful tools and technologies available to educator at no cost.
1. Youtube Education Channel - http://www.youtube.com/channels?s=ytedu_mv
2. Stanford University Education Channel on Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ StanfordUniversity
3. Stanford University on iTunes - http://itunes.stanford.edu/
4. Google Teachers Academy - http://www.google.com/educators/gta.html
5. 100 Top Education Blogs - http://oedb.org/library/features/top-100-education-blogs
6. Campus Technology Webinars - http://campustechnology.com/webcasts/list/ webinars.aspx
7. Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/
8. Free cross platform sound editor - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
9. Free Podcasting - http://www.how-to-podcast-tutorial.com/13-basic-podcastingsoftware. htm
10. Google Mail, Calendar, Talk Education version - http://www.google.com/a/help/intl/en/ edu/
11. Slideshare - Online Slide/ Presentation sharing site - www.slideshare.com
12. Free Online Education Courses from MIT - http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/web/home/ home/index.htm
13. Free Online Education Courses from UC Berkley - http://webcast.berkeley.edu/ courses.php